Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Straight Razor Night Kit

The drama of succession: folio edition of the works of JJ Rousseau in Gabriel Dufour editor.


Sometimes I see things heartbreaking when library shares

family ... Therefore, I urge the bibliophiles to care books that have delighted after their disappearance! The term " After me, flies !" one side has " j'm'enfoutiste " which irritates me.

I admit that we should die , I accept also that one can completely botch his "last words" and not let the image of the writer's great that one would expect of posterity, I admit that we can discover under the most beautiful morocco with the arms of your shelves, the full collection of Playboy, I admit that you lack discipline in your choice of books and in consequence, there is no consistency in your library, I admit that having never share your passion with your wife or your children, they can be indifferent to the value of your books, I admit also that, believing in reincarnation, You will enjoy the idea you can buy your books for a pittance, but I do not accept that one is not interested in its knowingly become books to its demise!


If I issue this brief and unusual protest, because the two books that I'll introduce you to the sale today (which I want to buy?) Are the result of an idiot sharing. Think about it! Two handsome folio of Rousseau, each incomplete one volume, because of shared indifferent to literature following a lack of logic in the most obvious. Rousseau: Confessions. Volume I / Rousseau: Emile. Volume II


I imagine the conversation between brother and sister (you can change the script at will by increasing the siblings):

- Well, we share an equal amount?
- Okay, but do not be jealous, you take a book of each?
- Okay. Rousseau is not a swimmer?
- J'chai not. There have been asking Dad ...

This kind of misadventure would never happen with € 50 notes that it would cut in half. I propose So leave it in your desk drawer, the testament of your books the form of a few simple guidelines.

- It does not separate a collection
- It gets help from a friend or expert bibliophile if we hesitate


The works that I present are beautiful because high margin, printed paper in a beautiful and well connected but doom attached to this issue right out of the presses. Imagine! Not a single engraving is present in both sheets, although their number and their quality is acknowledged in the preamble. We can not even blame any "bucker folio" to be reached. No tear or irregularity in the binder are there to explain. This edition was subsequently connected without his illustrations, that's all!


So why try to separate myself from the inseparable, you say? An incomplete book its text and its carvings of little value ... To make you think about the future of your library, perhaps? For you to tell me what period of his life, he must worry, it's good ... I do dream a little, saying that these two folio are the "holy grail" of a bibliophile who owned the little brother and sister. I have a dream ... Pierre


ROUSSEAU (JJ). JJRousseau works, citizen of Geneva. Edition decorated with figures, and collated the manuscripts of the author, deposited in the public education committee. In Paris, at Defer de Maisonneuve, printing Didot the younger, 1793. Emile. Volume II. Folio format. Bound in half tan sheepskin wedge, back decorated with laces and nets nerves with gilt title and volume number part in morocco gilt lettering. Page custody colored paper. Binding post with exlibris 1920. 548pp. Some scuffs, perfect interior. € 60 + shipping


ROUSSEAU (JJ). JJRousseau works, citizen of Geneva. Edition decorated with figures, and collated the manuscripts of the author, deposited in the public education committee. In Paris and Amsterdam at JE Gabriel Dufour, successor to Defer de Maisonneuve, printing Didot the younger, AnVII. Confessions. Volume I. Folio format. Bound in half tan sheepskin wedge, back decorated with laces and nets nerves with gilt title and volume number part in morocco gilt lettering. Page Care colored paper. Binding post with exlibris 1920. 528pp. Higher cap partially torn, some scuffs, perfect interior. € 60 + shipping

0 comments:

Post a Comment